Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update on my life...

Once again I am sitting here wondering why I even have a blog if I only write on it once in a blue moon and when I'm pretty sure no one reads it. Despite that fact, I will give a brief overview of the last few months of my life since the last time I posted. It doesn't seem like a lot of things have happened, but oh what those few things have changed... *The first and most important thing that happened was beginning my relationship with Scott. Despite a rocky past, he gave me a second chance and I am so grateful he did. He has been such a great influence on my life and has brought me much peace and joy. I can honestly say that he is my best friend. Two days ago he left to study abroad for the rest of the semester in Scotland. It will be hard, and many tears have already been shed, but we are determined to get through this and make the best of it. I am counting down the days until he returns... *I have a different set of wheels now! A few weeks before Thanksgiving I was in a little fender bender (that wasn't so much a fender bender, more like a four car pile-up) that totaled my car. Luckily it wasn't my fault and no one was seriously injured. I had cuts and bruises and some serious whiplash but in the end was very lucky. I am now driving another Honda Accord-just one year older and a different color. I have been driving it since early December but for some reason still can't seem to locate it in a parking lot...I am currently searching for a decoratice license plate and sticker to make it easier to identify. *I completed my first semester of clinical rotations and I am well into the second. There have been challenging days that have made me doubt my career choice, but there have been so many more rewarding moments and experiences. I have learned so much-not just medicines and diseases, I have learned how to care for others and how the smallest actions can have the greatest impact on another person's life. *I am currently applying to Student Nurse Externship positions in the Upstate where I will be living over the summer. I will get a lot of clinical experience working with a nurse one-on-one in a unit of my choice and...I get PAID for it! Wish me luck! I am promising now to be a better blogger (someone please hold me to it :) ). I found free time to do this today because I have been stuck at home with a stomach bug, but I hope that from now on my free time comes with a little less discomfort.

1 comment:

Scottie said...

I thank you for the second chance babe, not me. And we will get thru this together. 3 of us against Scotland (you, me, and God), I think we'll be just fine ;-) I love you!